- This event has passed.
May 3 - May 16
North Simcoe Victim Services (NSVS)
Closing Date: Thursday, May 16, 2019
Reports to: Board of Directors, North Simcoe Victim Services
Start Date: Target – As soon as possible. Interviews tentatively scheduled for May 21, 2019
For 20 years, North Simcoe Victim Services, a not-for-profit charitable organization, has provided crisis intervention to those victimized by crime and trauma in Orillia and surrounding area. Volunteer driven and governed by a community Board of Directors, the organization utilizes full-time staff and trained volunteer Crisis Responders to provide much needed support to victims in their time of need.
Reporting to the NSVS Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible to provide overall management, and operations of the service included, but not limited to, human resources, financial and operational management, funding compliance and information components of the organization consistent with the Employer’s policies and procedures, statement of purpose and in accordance with Program Standards established by the Ministry of the Attorney General.
Job Location: 66 Peter Street South, Orillia Ontario
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Monday to Friday
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Flexibility required for after-hours meetings/on call support/events and functions
Salary: $55 000 to $58 000
Salary contingent on annual funding approvals
• A minimum of five years management experience, including the supervision of direct reports. Management experience within the not-for–profit sector is preferred.
• Related Masters Level University Degree is preferred.
• Solid working knowledge and experience in working with victims of crime and/ or trauma. Solid understanding and ability to facilitate trauma-informed care.
• Ability to liaise and work closely with provincial and community partners and stakeholders.
• Proven track record in grant writing and revenue development for not-for-profit funding. Budgeting and financial management experience required.
• Experience in human resources including, recruiting, training, motivating and retaining volunteer staff.
• Experience working with a not-for-profit Board of Directors.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to the organization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in program planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
• Confident and consistent decision making skills.
• Resourcefulness and flexibility to meet the needs of the organization and demands of the position.
• Ability to handle emergencies, crisis, or hostile behavior and maintain control in difficult and emotional situations.
• Ability to effectively communicate the Statement of Purpose to the Community.
• Valid Class G Driver’s License and must live within 30 minute drive of Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
• Police vulnerable sector check clearance.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume, cover letter, and three references including a recent one from within the past year. Applicants are asked to highlight their education and experience as required in the posting by 4 PM on Thursday, May 16, 2019 to the attention of the NSVS Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Although NSVS is co-located with the Ontario Provincial Police – Orillia Detachment and works closely with them in the provision of victim service, it is a separate agency funded by the Ministry of the Attorney General.
For further information on Victim Services or the Ontario Network of Victim Service Providers please review pages on this website ( www.nsvs.com ) and “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will only be contacting those selected for an interview. No phone calls please.